- Materials:100% Ankole cow horn, locally sourced
- Measurements: Comb measures approximately 8 inches and 3 inches long for beard groomer( size variations expected)
- Colors:Marbled, natural light horn
- Care:Because these combs are made of pure horn, which is made up of keratin protein, there are special considerations for its proper care. If necessary, wipe clean with a soft cloth. It is important to avoid leaving your horn items near heat sources or in direct sunlight, as warm temperatures can cause the horn to dry out or change shape.
- Made with ethically sourced cow horn, these combs are perfect for grooming your hair or beard. Hair and horn are made of same long chain protein, keratin. The keratin within a horn comb will seal keratin scales on hair strands, leaving them smooth, silky and shiny. use of a horn comb will not cause the buildup of static.Valued for both its hardness and its ability to become soft and pliable when heated, Ankole cattle horn has been used by East Africans for centuries. The combs were cut by hand, shaped and molded at high temperatures, meticulously sanded, and then polished for a smooth and shiny finish.Due to the considerable size and circumference and the wide range of naturally occurring colors of Ankole horns, this render them suitable for various hand-worked items. This comb is truly one-of-a-kind; no two are exactly alike. No animal is killed solely for its horns.
Each comb is individually crafted from start to finish by an artisan in a fair trade environment in Uganda. Imperfections are expected and contribute to the uniqueness of your handmade good.